Germantown: Summer Camp
Camp Adventure is designed to be a structured, educational, yet active and fun day camp! Club members will rotate on-the-hour and participate in program areas that focus on Character & Leadership; Education & Career; Health & Life Skills; The Arts; Sports, Fitness & Recreation; and Technology Education. Each summer camp week will focus on a “Theme of the Week”. Club members will swim and have movie time once a week. A field trip or a special event will occur on every Friday.
- For children going to the 1st Grade/6 years old – 8th grade/13 years old.
- Free lunch is provided (sandwich, milk, fruit and/or vegetable, and juice).
Example of “Themes of the Week”: “Go for the Goal Week”, “Animal Expedition Week”, “Weird Science Week”, “Blast to the Past Week”
Example of Field Trips: Six Flags, Adventure Park USA, Rockville Swim Center, National Zoo, Bowling, Roller Skating)
*Field Trips Are Subject To Change*
Activities in Camp Adventure:
- Character & Leadership: Leadership/Group/Team Building Games and Activities. Cultural & Diversity Awareness. Etiquette Lessons.
- Education & Career: Educational Games and Activities based on “Themes of the Week”. Job Skill Preparation. STEM.
- Health & Life Skills: Drug, Tobacco, & Alcohol Prevention and Awareness. Making Healthy/Good Decision Exercises. Nutrition, Wellness, Personal Hygiene Lessons.
- The Arts: Drawing & Designing, Painting, Crafts, Jewelry Making, Sculpting, Singing, Dancing, Music, and Drama Activities
- Sports, Fitness, & Recreation: Traditional Team Sports. Health and Fitness Activities. Recreational Games. Table and Board games. Tournaments.
- Technology Education: Software and Microsoft Windows and Office tutorial, Internet Safety, Online Educational Games, and Digital Arts.
Arts & Crafts Room, Games Room, Gymnasium, Health & Life Skills Room, Learning Center, Technology (Computer) Lab, and Teen Center
Grades/Ages: 1st Grade/6 years old – 8th Grade / 13 years old
Fee(s)/Hours: $135.00 Per Week/Per Child for 9am-5pm
Additional $20 Per Week for Morning Extended Care (7:30am—9am)
Additional $20 Per Week for Evening Extended Care (5pm—6pm)
*ASK ABOUT DISCOUNT PRICES FOR ADDITIONAL SIBLINGS*